Jeremy is a bit worried about monsters in his room. Yesterday morning, while I was in the bathroom getting ready for work, I hear Jeremy run down the hall screaming. He gets to the bathroom door and I ask him what is wrong. "Monsters!" I ask him, "Where is there a monster?" "In there!" he says pointing to his dark bedroom. "Well, lets turn on your light so the monster will go away." I turn on his bedroom light and we walk into his room. I say, "See, there are no monsters in here." He comes in and starts turning in circles looking everywhere and then he says, "Monster....where are you!?" It is all I can do to keep from cracking up!
So, last night, we are playing and we are in his room. I am sitting on his bed and all of the sudden he screams and runs over to the bed and franticly climbs up by my and says, "Oh no! Monsters in here!" "Well, hurry, come over by Mommy! I will keep you safe from the Monsters." So, there we are, sitting on his bed, talking about monsters. He goes on to tell me that the monster is in the hallway and that it is going downstairs to the other kids house and then he says it is going outside. Then all of the sudden he says, "Scary eyes!" I say, "Oh, the monster has scary eyes? What color is the monster?" "Yellow!", he says so I ask "What color are his eyes?", "Blue". Then I tell him, "If you want the monsters to go away, all you have to do is say 'MONSTERS! GO AWAY!'" So he says very loudly, "MONSTERS! GO AWAY!"
Next we are in the living room watching football and he hears some kids running out in the hallway. He runs over to me and says, "Oh, Monsters! Out there!" Then it was time for bed and we go to lay down and he says, "Light on! Monsters!" I tell him that Mommy is here and that we have to go to sleep so we have to turn the light out. He still seems very worried about these monsters so I reassure him that there are none and that I will keep him safe. We both fell asleep and never woke up again until this morning!
So, now I am thinking about all this monster stuff and decided that I had better hide the "Nightmare Before Christmas" movie. That has been his movie of choice for the past few days. We will put it away and save if for later (like when he is 13!). I also think I better not let him see "Monsters, Inc." just yet. I will hide that one for a while as well!
1 comment:
Sounds like he has a vivid imaginiation!!
Post a Comment