J: I want that angel!
Me: What angel?
J: That one up there! (Pointing in the direction of his dresser however I have no contacts in and have no idea what he is talking about)
Me: Let’s just go to sleep.
J: No, I want that angel….
Me: I don’t see an angel…call daddy and he can get it for you. (Yes I am very lazy at this point)
J: DADDY COME HERE I WANT THE ANGEL (Repeat 3 times louder each time) (Daddy enters the room)
Me: Is there an angel on his dresser? He says he wants it.
Jeff: No. What angel Jeremy?
J: That one pointing in the direction of the dresser.
Jeff: This one….(he points to the cross on the wall with the little boy kneeling to pray.)
J: YUP!
Me: Oh well that is a very special cross and it is very fragile it is just decoration. Now, lets go to sleep.
J: Where are the angels?
Me: You can’t see angels. They watch over you while you are sleeping and keep you safe until you wake up. They are from heaven. Like in our prayers that we say….Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the lord my soul to keep, the angels watch me through the night, until I wake in morning light.
J: (He starts to cry and he sits up in bed and he is looking up in the air and he is crying and trying to talk and finally I figure out that what he is saying.) I’m afraid of the angels!!! I want Daddy!
Me: I’m here. It’s okay.
J: No…I want Daddy to come lay by me!
Jeff: (Hears the crying and I want daddy and comes in. I quickly tell him what has happened) It’s okay Jeremy. Angels are from God and Church. (and he lays on the other side of Jeremy and puts his arm over him and soon Jeremy is fast asleep)
2:00AM
J: (Wakes up screaming like he had a night terror! I run in to his room.) Mommy! I’m afraid of the Angels!
Me: It’s okay…Mommy’s here
J: (Still crying)….I’m afraid of the Angels.
Me: Do you want to sleep in Mommy and Daddy’s bed?
J: (Sniffling) Yes.
5:15AM
My alarm goes off and I move Jeremy to his bed.
5:15AM
My alarm goes off and I move Jeremy to his bed.
Jeff goes in to lay with him and they are both asleep still when I leave at 630am.
No comments:
Post a Comment