Sunday, March 01, 2009

"Sad Days"


CRAZY COUSINS!
Every night Jeremy and I read from a book called, "Devotions for Preschoolers." It has a page for every day of the year and you are supposed to read the page for the day that it is and then there is a bible verse and a prayer. Tonight we read March 1. It was titled "Sad Days" and I thought it was appropriate for the day that the Backes clan flew to Connecticut for the final time. I will share the entry with you now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sad Days
Parker is sad. A friend is going away on a train. Did one of your friends ever move to another neighborhood? Maybe you were the one who had to move away and leave friends behind. When you are sad, you can pray. You can ask God to make you feel better. God wants you to talk to him when you are sad. He is a good listener.
My Bible Verse:
The Lord and King will wipe away
the tears from everyone's face.
~Isaiah 25:8, NIrV
My Prayer:
You listen to me when I am sad.
You dry my tears and make me glad.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I can only imagine what an adjustment this will be for you guys.